[Rhodes22-list] Centerboard control line size/leak

peter beckerman recorderguy2001 at yahoo.com
Sat May 18 23:30:05 EDT 2024

    I got my boat in the water today and am very happy to report that the 3/16" line I'm using is working fine and my centerboard now deploys properly.  I do not find the line hard to manage though I suspect that 1/4" might be better.   I am extremely unhappy to report the steady drip I'm getting from the centerboard cap.  I tried to torque the screws down, but that didn't solve (or help) the problem.  Therefore I took the boat out of the water and expect to remove the centerboard cap and do a better job cleaning the mating surfaces before reassembling.  Question for anyone who has removed the centerboard cap:  did you use any sort of caulking or sealant when reassembling the cap?Were the screws sufficient to create a tight seal?
Thanks,     Peter